Seamseal Cv Non Drying Bedding Sealant - Cream
- Non-setting bedding sealant
- High performance bedding sealant with a solvented release curing system
- Does not form a skin but leaves a dry surface which remains pliable aftercuring
- Good adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, especially coated metals
- Excellent weather resistant properties
- Good performance in low movement joints
- Easy to tool and clean off using Hodgson’s Caravan Sealant Cleaner
design: Please consult the Technical Information Sheet entitled ‘Joint
design for cartridge based products’ prior to application.
Application temperature range: +5º C to +30º C Curing: Seamseal CV cures by evaporation of solvent. Full cure normally occurs in 2-4 days. Rate of cure will depend on thickness, ambient temperature, joint size and design. Lower temperatures and drier conditions will result in a slower rate of cure. Priming: Primers are not normally required for good adhesion to most metals. Shelf life: 12 months when stored in cool, dry conditions. Skinning time: Does not skin. The surface of the sealant will appear dry to the touch after several days but will remain pliable beneath the surface. Working time: Approximately 20 minutes.
Surface preparation: All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from frost, grease and loose materials. Apply primer if required. In situations where an especially neat finish is required, use masking tape to cover the face edges of the joint and remove immediately once tooling has been completed Cut the top of the screw thread off the cartridge and screw on the nozzle. Cut nozzle to correct diameter for joint size. Apply using a skeleton or powered gun into the joint ensuring good contact with surfaces.
Tooling: Tool immediately with a spatula wetted with white spirit immediately after sealant has been applied